AFSA CHAPTER 1252
Your one-stop shop for all things Nellis Air Force Base Chapter 1252.
2021 Executive Council
President CMSgt Bruce Reno
Vide President MSgt Colin Cathrew
Treasurer MSgt Sean Beuck
Secretary TSgt Kimberly Walker
Awards Trustees MSgt Kayci Groff & TSgt Gian Gonzalez
Membership Trustees TSgt Joshua Tutolo & SrA Yulianna Romagosa
Legislative Trustee MSgt Mishon Montogomery
Communications Trustees SSgt Alyssa Bayudan
Community Affairs Trustee TSgt Colin Wanberg
Plans and Programs Trustee MSgt Karla Poehlmann
Family Matters Trustee SMSgt LaTonya Reno
Budget and Finance Trustee SSgt Mary Enriquez
Senior Advisor SMSgt (Ret) Sandy Valdezate
Good afternoon 1252!
We are forwarding this message from our Chaplain:
"What will improve AF Retention and Retraining for the future?
Your input is desired for the current Squadron Officer School Think Tank. I am part of a group trying to better understand the desires to retain, stay or separate from the AF. Information gathered will be instrumental in formulating a plan that will be briefed to Lt General Kelley. Please fill out the survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VYT53NT or feel free to email at email@example.com and we can set up a phone interview time. Thanks for your help!
Chaplain Rob Nelson"
Please join us at our General Membership Meeting hosted every second Wednesday of each month at the Nellis Air Force Base Community Commons! We are eager to see you.
We maintain social distancing and masks are worn inside the facility.
Special events will be posted on our events calendar, so keep a look out!
This scholarship is provided as a one-time grant of $250 to an AFSA member and $150 to a non-AFSA member selected from Nellis AFB active-duty enlisted personnel graduating from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) who plan to pursue a baccalaureate degree. This grant will coincide with the CCAF graduation ceremonies held each spring and fall.
Requirements and Selection Criteria
- Open to all current AFSA and non-AFSA members.
- Proof of current enrollment or intent to enroll in an accredited program leading to a baccalaureate degree (verified by registrar) must be submitted with the application.
- Must be in the grade of E-2 through E-6 to apply.
- A narrative statement describing what resilience means to you and how you have become resilient in your leadership and teamwork. Describe how your dedication to the Air Force or Space Force core values helped build your resilience. Finally, describe how AFSA has impacted your commitment to community service, professional organizations, and personal and professional development. For non-AFSA members, describe how the pursuit of your baccalaureate degree has impacted your commitment to the same.
- Limit your narrative to one page, double spaced, (10 to 12-point font, Times New Roman) with full name and unit at top and signature block at the bottom. Exported in PDF format.
- Complete the below application with your First Sergeant’s signature/endorsement.
- The $250 and $150 scholarship grants will be presented at the local CCAF graduation.
- Non-AFSA member winner will receive a 1-year AFSA membership.
- A certificate recognizing the recipient as the Air Force Sergeants Association Scholarship Award winner.
- Selection will be determined by a committee of AFSA Chapter 1252 members and based on submitted narratives.
- Total achievements will be carefully considered by the selection committee.