AFSA CHAPTER 1252
Your one-stop shop for all things Nellis Air Force Base Chapter 1252.
Meet your 2021 Executive Council
CMSgt Bruce Reno
MSgt Colin Cathrew
My goal is to stop the decrease in AFSA memberships. This starts with effectively communicating AFSA's importance to the military community at Nellis through community outreach and assistance campaigns. Additionally, I want to help pilot our chapter in working through our four lines of effort: professional development, base/community involvement, membership, and fundraising. I believe these LOEs will help curtail the downward trend in memberships and increase our profile in the local community.
MSgt Sean Beuck
TSgt Kimberly Walker
TSgt Gian Gonzalez
If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done. Make at least one definite move daily toward your goal.
- Bruce Lee
TSgt Joshua Tutolo
MSgt Mishon Montgomery
Life is meant to be fun and enjoyed. How do you do this every day? By understanding that the purpose of life, is a life of purpose. Find your WHY! Grab ahold of it and live your life based on it. To manifest the desires of your heart, mind and spirit, give them three things: Attention, Intent and Emotion. Lisa Nichols said, “Your whole life is a manifestation of the thoughts that go on in your head”. What are you thinking? I challenge you to think BIG! Once you’ve got it, think BIGGER!!
SSgt Alyssa Bayudan
"Fear is the starter pistol for life's greatest moments."
I am pursuing my master's degree in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance this year!
SrA Isabella Giorgi
Airman Activities Coordinator
MSgt Karla Poehlmann
Plans and Programs
SMSgt LaTonya Reno
SMSgt (Ret) Sandy Valdezate
Please join us at our General Membership Meeting hosted every second Wednesday of each month at the Nellis Air Force Base Theater! We are eager to see you.
Please follow current COVID-19 guidance.
Special events will be posted on our site and social media pages, so keep a look out!
MEET OUR EXCEPTIONAL MEMBERS
We are starting an initiative to highlight our amazing team here at Nellis AFB.
This scholarship is provided as a one-time grant of $250 to an AFSA member and $150 to a non-AFSA member selected from Nellis AFB active-duty enlisted personnel graduating from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) who plan to pursue a baccalaureate degree. This grant will coincide with the CCAF graduation ceremonies held each spring and fall.
Requirements and Selection Criteria
- Open to all current AFSA and non-AFSA members.
- Proof of current enrollment or intent to enroll in an accredited program leading to a baccalaureate degree (verified by registrar) must be submitted with the application.
- Must be in the grade of E-2 through E-6 to apply.
- A narrative statement describing what resilience means to you and how you have become resilient in your leadership and teamwork. Describe how your dedication to the Air Force or Space Force core values helped build your resilience. Finally, describe how AFSA has impacted your commitment to community service, professional organizations, and personal and professional development. For non-AFSA members, describe how the pursuit of your baccalaureate degree has impacted your commitment to the same.
- Limit your narrative to one page, double spaced, (10 to 12-point font, Times New Roman) with full name and unit at top and signature block at the bottom. Exported in PDF format.
- Complete the below application with your First Sergeant’s signature/endorsement.
- The $250 and $150 scholarship grants will be presented at the local CCAF graduation.
- Non-AFSA member winner will receive a 1-year AFSA membership.
- A certificate recognizing the recipient as the Air Force Sergeants Association Scholarship Award winner.
- Selection will be determined by a committee of AFSA Chapter 1252 members and based on submitted narratives.
- Total achievements will be carefully considered by the selection committee.
THE SILVER EAGLE
GET IN TOUCH
We'd love to hear from you.
4475 England Avenue
Nellis AFB, NV 89191